The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Center is pleased to provide a scholarship program to help provide access to The Kroc Center. It was Joan Kroc's vision and expectation that all individuals have equal opportunities to grow their natural gifts and talents.
How to Apply
1. Pick-up a scholarship application from The Kroc Center front desk or download online.
2. Attach all household income verification documents to your completed application. This includes all documents that best reflect the gross annual salary income of all household members: check stubs, unemployment statement, social security, disability incomes, food stamps award letter, alimony, child support income, etc.
3. Return your completed application with attached household income verification to the front desk Monday-Friday between 9am-6pm at least one week prior to the next available workshop. Please allow 10-15 minutes for your application to be reviewed. If you qualify for a scholarship you will automatically be enrolled to attend the next available Community Workshop session. All previously submitted income verification documents will be returned. Download the Community Workshop brochure to view upcoming dates
4. Attend your scheduled Community Workshop. You must attend in order to be eligible for a scholarship.
Attending a Workshop
At the one hour Communtiy Workshop
you will have the opportunity to learn about the large variety of
activities, education classes, and personal enrichment programs that are
offered at The Kroc Center. You will be able to redeem your scholarship membership immediately following the workshop.
Renewing Your Scholarship
In order to be eligible to
renew your scholarship each year, you must obtain 2 Life Skill Credits.
How to Obtain Life Skill Credits
• Attend a Life Skills
Class. Each class counts as one credit.
• Volunteer at The Kroc Center or in the Community for 5 hours. If volunteering in the community: Submit documentation of organization, date(s) of volunteer hours, with supervisor's signature to the Kroc Center Front Desk. A minimum of 5 hours of volunteering meets the requirement for one life skill credit.
• Obtain an annual Wellness Exam. One adult member of the scholarship plan can get a wellness exam and in
return receive one Life Skill credit. A completed Wellness Exam Form must be turned in
to The Kroc Center Front Desk to receive credit.
• Attend a Kroc Church Sunday Service. Complete a Kroc Church communication card at the service to receive credit.
• Participate in Money Management International, Financial Solutions.
Take advantage of these services from Money Management International, FREE to Kroc Scholarship members:
- Budget/credit counseling - Debt management plans
- Housing counseling - and more!
Learn more or register online at www.mmiurl.org/kroc or call 887.522.9723.
How to Apply
Download the Community Workshop brochure to view upcoming dates and times. Pick-up an application and sign-up for a workshop at The Kroc Center front desk.
Questions on scholarships?
Life Skills Classes
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For Kroc Scholarship Members
by Money Management International
Money Management International has over 50 years of experience working with families and their budgets. They will help give you the confidence to move forward by reviewing and organizing your finances in a way you will understand.
These FREE Services are available:
• Confidential and Compassionate Services
• Free Credit Counseling
• Free Debt Management Assistance
• On-demand Financial Education
Sign-up online at www.mmiurl.org/kroc or call 877.643.9723.