The Dr. Riggs Leadership Scholarship was created by The Salvation Army Kroc Center Executive Staff and Advisory Board to honor Jack T. Riggs, M.D. for a lifetime of leadership excellence and to acknowledge and reward a high school senior for exhibiting leadership traits and capabilities.
Dr. Jack T. Riggs was born, raised and continues to reside in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. He was a graduate of Coeur d’Alene High School, the University of Idaho and the University of Washington School of Medicine. Dr. Riggs has exhibited excellence in leadership throughout his life in a variety of areas including the military, medicine, church, government, community, philanthropy and business.
• Dr. Riggs served as a Captain in the USAF and was stationed at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas as the Chief of Emergency Medical Services.
• In 1986, Dr. Riggs founded the North Idaho Immediate Care Center.
• Dr. Riggs is a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church and served as President of the Church Council.
• Dr. Riggs served as an Idaho State Senator and was appointed in 2001 to serve as Lieutenant Governor for the State of Idaho.
• In 2007, the Coeur d’Alene Chamber of Commerce recognized Dr. Riggs as the Coeur d’Alene “Citizen of the Year”.
• Dr. Riggs was a key member of the team that prepared the grant application for funds to build The Salvation Army Kroc Center in Coeur d’Alene. He also led a Capital Campaign that raised $8 million for The Kroc Center.
• Dr. Riggs is currently the CEO of Pita Pit USA. The company has grown to over 200 locations across the country since its inception in 2005.
Qualified applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Plans to further their formal education beyond high school.
• Examples of leadership at school, at work, at church, in the community, or within the home.
• Home Address in Idaho’s five northern counties.
The Salvation Army Advisory Board’s Board Development Committee will review applications and select up to 10 students to be notified by April 1, 2019. A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to each of the recipients.
The recipients are required to attend an awards luncheon on April 25, 2019 in order to receive the scholarship as part of The Kroc Center’s annual leadership event. The scholarship announcement will be shared with each student’s high school counseling office so that the recipient may be recognized at a Spring Awards Ceremony. The recipient may also be featured in Kroc Center publications and social media.
ABOUT US (2)
Tickets (9), Social Media, Search
GET INVOLVED (7)
RENTALS & PARTIES (8)
Each day, dozens of classes are offered for all ages, interests and abilities. Find the right class for you today! LEARN MORE ABOUT KROC CLASSES
PURCHASE CLASSES ONLINE
This guide is the place to look for a variety of one-day and weekly classes.
All classes are open to the public.
The Kroc Center offers a variety of group exercise classes–both on land, and in water!
THE SALVATION ARMY
Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
SEND US A NOTE