ABOUT US (2)
Tickets (9), Social Media, Search
GET INVOLVED (7)
RENTALS & PARTIES (8)
The Dr. Riggs Leadership Scholarship was created by The Salvation Army Kroc Center Executive Staff and Advisory Board to honor Jack T. Riggs, M.D. for a lifetime of leadership excellence. We wish to acknowledge and reward a high school senior for exhibiting these same leadership traits and capabilities.
Dr. Jack T. Riggs was born, raised and continues to reside in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. He was a graduate of Coeur d’Alene High School, the University of Idaho and the University of Washington School of Medicine. Dr. Riggs has exhibited excellence in leadership throughout his life in a variety of areas.
• Military – Served as Captain in the USAF and Chief of Emergency Medical Services at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
• Medicine – Owned and operated North Idaho Immediate Care Center, CdA’s first urgent care facilities.
• Church – Served as President of the church council at Trinity Lutheran.
• Government – Elected to serve as an Idaho State Senator and appointed in 2001 to serve as Lieutenant Governor for the State of Idaho.
• Community – Led the capital campaign that raised $8 million for The Kroc Center.
• National Business – Served as CEO and Board President of Pita Pit USA from 2005 to 2018. Under his guidance, the company grew to over 200 locations across the U.S.
Qualified applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Plans to further their formal education beyond high school.
• Examples of leadership at school, at work, at church, in the community, or within the home.
• Home address in Idaho’s five northern counties.
The Board Development Committee of The Salvation Army Advisory Board will review applications and select up to 10 students to be notified in April, 2020. A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to each of the recipients.
The recipients are required to attend an awards event on Thursday, May 7, 2020, in order to receive the scholarship. The scholarship announcement will be shared with each student’s high school counseling office so that the recipient may be recognized at a spring awards ceremony. The recipient may also be featured in Kroc Center publications and social media.
This guide is the place to look for a variety of one-day and weekly classes.
All classes are open to the public.
THE SALVATION ARMY
Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
SEND US A NOTE